Agreed Report - 9th December 2019
The new Board of Management held their first meeting at 7pm on Monday 9th December 2019. The following topics were discussed at our meeting:
- Roles and Responsibilities: Raphael Leen (Chairperson), Dominic Tyrrell (Secretary), Kevin Logan (Treasurer) and Seán McLoughlin (Health & Safety Officer)
- The Board discussed our requirements in terms of registration with the Charities Regulator. The Annual Report (2018-19) was presented to the Board.
- Board members will attend training in January/February focussing on their role as members of the Board.
- Dominic presented a report of all the different activities that have taken place in the school since September. The Board complimented the school for the excellent opportunities that are given to the children. Dominic also discussed the different training/professional development that staff members have undertaken.
- Dominic presented the itemised school accounts (September to November 2019) on behalf of Emma Balfe (former Treasurer). Lodgements made into the school account (Art and Crafts, Book Rental, Panto money, Voluntary Contributions etc…) were presented to the Board.
- The Board expressed their gratitude to the Parent Association for their fundraising efforts on behalf of the school. Dominic reported that fundraising money and voluntary contributions this year have been used to subsidise buses for swimming and the Panto and to fully pay for buses for school matches (GAA, Tag Rugby), local history trips and Peace Proms. Fundraised money has also been used to subsidise the cost of gymnastics for the children from junior infants to 2nd class and to purchase a full set of levelled readers for use in our SET room. Money will also be used to purchase materials for the school garden and outdoor classroom (which will get underway in early Spring).
- The Board expressed their thanks to Richard O’Brien for the work that he has done in organising a sign for the front of our school. We are extremely thankful for his hard work and enthusiasm.
- Dominic presented a report on “Living Our Ethos” which highlighted how we promote the Catholic Religion in our school.
- Dominic presented Child-Safeguarding and Anti-Bullying reports to the Board.
- Health and Safety reports were presented to the Board. Raphael thanked Fiona Mulligan for her assistance in carrying out a Health and Safety audit. Matters arising from this report are being addressed by the Board.
- The issue of parking and the road at the front of the school were discussed at great length. Members of the Board have arranged another meeting with the Council to discuss this further. This meeting will take place before the Christmas holidays.
- Dominic presented updates on the New Primary Language Curriculum and the Demonstration Project (Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy etc…).